Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Santa Barbara

OK, so I just had a wonderful weekend in beautiful SantaBarbara. I call it my "heartbeat city" beacause it is one city I would move to in a heartbeat without thinking twice if I had the opportunity. I went to spend the weekend with Miss Amy Nave,who is the hostess with the mostest!
We started our weekend off with a nice hike up inspiration point and Amy kicked my butt! I am so out of shape but making it to the top was so worth it... The peak looked out over all of Santa Barbara and the ocean....*sigh* it was so beautiful! Then we went country line dancing that night for my first time. We went with Amy's good friend Janey who was an absolute blast to be around! We danced with weird old men, laughed, and had the world's best trail mix :)
Sunday, I had the opportunity to join Amy and DJ, at Reality Carp which is one of the most amazing churches! Being a Bible College student I have been to my share of churches and this place is truly awesome.
I was supposed to go home Sunday Night but I just couldnt resist staying another night to hang out with more amazing people. (Plus DJ and Tim said school was overrated) So, Monday morning Amy and I went to a Pilates class at her gym and I am so sore...I have been walking around like C-3PO all day today. Then Jessica Claire came up from the OC and spent the day with us...talk about a kick in the pants... We had so much fun! First we had coffee together at this cute little coffee shop called Finestra and then met up with Mr. David Jay for lunch at Bogarts (another adorable little dining establishment). After lunch DJ showed us the studio where all the magic happens. I was impressed...I can honestly say its one of the nicest bachelor pads I've ever seen! So we "geeked-out" ( as Amy says) on our computers for the next few hours....it was hilarious! The night culminated in dinner with 14 fabulous people, including Master Colon,The great Dane Sanders (and his wife Tammy), Timmy Halberg, Jessica "the shoe queen" Claire, Amy "I'm over it" Nave, David "Amazon Streaker" Jay , Kacy Jo, Janey, and Kristin Shaparenko
Man what a fun group!

So I drove home this morning in a hurry to catch my 11:30 class (made it in a hour and a half by the way) and I got to class and the teacher wasn't even there...bummer deal!
Anyway, I truly had so much fun this weekend...Amy is truly as sweet as she seems and she is beautiful inside and out (she will go far in life!), DJ is such a gentleman and a plethera of knowledge (the man is a business genius...even from the 6th grade). So, Thanks for such an amazing weekend... I had a blast !


Sorry for the long post...I was just excited!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home