Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Auntie Mo!

Anthony is my training coach...He is solely responsible for sending me home with horribly sore muscles that feel like jelly but also for reigniting my passion for sports. Affectionately known by his athletes as 'Mo', he is wholeheartedly dedicated to his students and I have never seen a coach who is so passionate about their work. It is not only encouraging but inspiring!

When the opportunity to shoot him came up, I knew we had to shoot at his playground...The track at Mira Costa Highschool. Not only is MCHS his alma mater but he also coaches football, soccer, and track there.

And not only is he a coach...he's an athlete too!! He was recently training as a sprinter for the NIKE farm team when he snapped his achilles during a race back in May...... so sad :(. Fortunately he is making a speedy recovery and hopefully will be back in training soon!

Here are a few pics from the day :)











He's probablly gonna kill me for calling him 'Auntie Mo' again... but thats ok... I can take him...it's not like he's buff or anything!! ;)

7 Comments:

Blogger Danielle Renee said...

I think Nike would be pleased with all the exposure :)
Me gusta 3, 6, 8, and 9.
;)
You look like your having fun!!! Can't wait to see you when your all crazy buff, and kick some serious arm wrestling butt. (As usual)
Te Amo!

9/24/2006 12:41 PM  
Blogger Sarah Barlow said...

Shyla you're incredible! Wow!! Those pics are so great!! I especially like the one with the football in the air! Wow!

4 days baby!!!!!! yeah!!!!! Can't wait!

9/24/2006 2:03 PM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

That's Mo?! Whoa, I'd totally be inspired to get in shape...but, with arms that big, aren't you afraid he'll accidently smash you?! :)

9/25/2006 1:29 PM  
Blogger Shyla said...

LOL... Jazzy, you are too funny!!!
No, Im not afraid he'll smash me because I could take him! Those are just inflatable arms, you know!

;)

9/25/2006 2:01 PM  
Blogger Shyla said...

Crap... Ive been talking all this smack and I got a message on my phone that said I am gonna reap the consequences of my "Auntie Mo" comment, at our session tonight!.... uh-oh!!!
:(

9/25/2006 2:03 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Oooohhhh can I borrow him? GREAT PICS!! Yours one above with Jazzy at the wedding are incredible too! I like the chalkboard one, did you think of that with the rings as 00?

9/29/2006 12:52 AM  
Blogger Shyla said...

Yeah Scarlett... I did think of that! :)
Oh and he is single if you want to "borrow" him ;)

9/29/2006 9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home