Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Chix On Stix...

Jump or get out of the way...
Altitude with Attidude....
Chix on Stix...
Train Hard, Run Fast, Jump High....

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away, those were the slogans that graced several my T-shirts from various competitions, meets and invitationals...They are the slogans of my past that have come to surface once again! I used to vault for several years through HighSchool and College until I went to a teeny college that didnt have a track team. I suffered through horrible withdrawls since it was my life for so many years...:(
haha...
Soooo... I have decided I am ready to vault again
The only problem is I totally got out of shape since its been awhile...so with the help of a personal trainer and coach I found who offers training sessions at UCLA...I will be back in the air in no time... I am sooooo excited!! I LOVE polevaulting.... :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Brett Austin said...

Shyla - You are too cool! I know you made a comment about pole vaulting on my blog... but I didn't know that you did it yourself!! That's sweet!!

And that's great to hear that you are getting back in to it... both for yourself and for coaching! Look out for breaking poles though... I've been told that it can be pretty dangerous! :o)

But like you say... Jump Or Get Outta The Way!

9/15/2006 12:19 AM  
Blogger Liana said...

No Way - what a fun sport!! Is that you Shy girl in the B&W pic??

9/15/2006 6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Girly!
I'm so happy to hear that you are going to be involved with it again--- I remember how much you loved it... and even that fun sticker you designed for you car :)
I love you!

9/15/2006 10:37 AM  
Blogger Shyla said...

No JB... YOU are too cool!!!
Yeah, it CAN be pretty dangerous but what fun is life without a lil danger??.. haha! I tried to make that line sound cool but it just sounds cheesy... haha :)

yeah Liana it is... I snagged it from the yearbook, that why it looks all grainy!

Michelle!!! I was totally just thinking about that sticker... It was sooo cool!....Miss you girl :(

9/15/2006 1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like the b & w!

9/19/2006 11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cool is that. I used to vault in High School too (won county one year... funny to think back on that). Cool to hear that you are getting back into it. Best of luck to ya!

-Cheers,
Buoy

9/24/2006 9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home