Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Ok, Ok, Ok so I know I have been on this whole "love" kick lately but it just keeps popping up everywhere.... perhaps to serve as a reminder or maybe I need to learn a lesson...either way, I am learning how it permeates every aspect of our lives ...
I read this scripture today that always gets me... and it fits so well with what I have been learning lately...

If I speak with tounges of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames but have not love I gain nothing.
2 Corinthians 13:1-3

7 Comments:

Blogger || davidjay || said...

Right on!

Love is the Killer App!

:)

8/21/2006 1:25 AM  
Blogger Brett Austin said...

Amen sister!

- J. Bravo

8/21/2006 1:41 AM  
Blogger Sarah Barlow said...

YEAH!!!....
I was about to type "right on"!!...but I guess DJ beat me to it...LOL:)
So true!

8/21/2006 9:19 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Hey Shyla! Thanks for the encouraging comments on my blog! I'm so glad you liked the video! I hung with Timco this past weekend for our Bahamas wedding and he said a lot of great things about you! I hope I get the chance to meet you one day. Thanks too for sharing that awesome verse. We can never be reminded too much of our true purpose... to love others.

8/21/2006 11:33 AM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

Preach it, Sister...
:) Jasmine

8/21/2006 2:03 PM  
Blogger Sara France Photography said...

Thanks for the reminder! I needed that!

8/21/2006 6:56 PM  
Blogger abcdef said...

That was so refreshing to read, Shyla!

8/26/2006 8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home