Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Saturday, August 05, 2006

I DID IT!

I shot a friends wedding up in Oxnard last night and the big proclamation of the day is...

"I did it!!!... I showed a slideshow!!"

After the first wedding I did on my own I got...uh...repremanded for not showing a slideshow, so I wasnt about to let that happen again! ;) Anyway, it was BIG sucess... everyone LOVED it! ( Especially the bride...she couldnt stop hugging and thanking me...I think that alone was worth it !) One lady came up to me and said " I'm already married but I hope you dont mind I took one of your cards...you know...just in case." I just laughed!
Overall, it was a great experience...But It was kinda hard because they only had a cake/punch reception so I didnt have the luxury of creating the show when the guests were eating... Plus, I didnt have an assistant so I had to downlaod while we were driving back from family formals at the beach (before the ceremony). I was driving with one hand and navigating the laptop with the other...I was so determined!! I couldnt make them look that cool in iphoto but I did my best.
Oh and I almost forgot the best part... A couple who saw my slideshow is getting married next year and wants me to do their wedding! Yippee! :)



I pulled up to the house and saw the groom hang something on the front door and the get in his car... Check out the prize he left for is future wife!...haha



Here are a few pics from the slideshow...


















The bride is hiding behind all her bridesmaids and they blindfolded the groom...

The classic DJ pose... I just couldnt help myself... I simply LOVE this pose for groomsmen!

9 Comments:

Blogger Brett Austin said...

Shyla... that is fantastic!! The slideshow is an amzing piece of marketing, isn't it?!?! It's just the absolute perfect way to get your work in front of a lot of people. Awesome!

I'm super impress too with the photographs. It's been a long time since I've seen shots "un-ShowIt Effected" and I think they look great! You have a knack for catching great moments with your photos. You're going to go places with pictures like these!

8/05/2006 12:47 PM  
Blogger Danielle Renee said...

Things I love. 1) you. 2)the chair and shoes shot, the flower girl/amazing grace composition. 3) your ever increasing talent. 4) your passion to improve every day.
you are unstoppable.
:)
i miss you.

8/05/2006 6:32 PM  
Blogger Shyla said...

Brett...*gasp*...are you saying its a GOOD thing I dont have ShowIt??! haha... I wont tell DJ you said that ;)


Danielle... it's hard to stay mad at you :)... No matter how hard I try to stay mad at people it just doesnt work!!! Oy Vey! I love you too! and I miss you more! Our apartment is missing something now! :(...come back!

8/06/2006 11:56 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Way to go! I have not done a slideshow yet at a wedding, and you have inspired me to do so!

Michelle

8/07/2006 7:04 AM  
Blogger Sarah RenĂ©e said...

That chair is so great looking! I love that picture!!

8/07/2006 8:16 PM  
Blogger Sara France Photography said...

Great Job!!

8/07/2006 10:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Don't you dare think you are an amature. No way. Your shots are so great..... You must have it natural.

8/08/2006 8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Shyla, it's Aaron! I can't thank you enough for the amazing job you did at our wedding! You are so talented! Jes and I are so happy that you were a part of it. The guests we talked to were VERY impressed with the slide show, and we have been handing your cards out to all inquiries. We are so grateful and blessed to know you.

8/17/2006 5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for making my bra famous! hehehehe
I have three couples that want your card (NOW) :O)
Send me some please!
I continue to share your brilliant work with others and you continue to blow minds!!
Love you!!
The Bride

8/18/2006 1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home