Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Wedding with the Lyons...

I had the awesome opportunity to shoot with Justin & Amelia Lyon on Saturday and I had a BLAST! I simply adore this couple and they are such a dynamic husband & wife duo. If you havent met them yet, dont miss the opportunity because they are just sooo great! We shot for 14 hours!! HOLY COW! We shot the traditional Cambodian ceremony in the morning and the american ceremony in the afternoon/evening! The bride wore 4 different outfits before she even got into her traditional american gown... I LOVE culture so it was really facinating witnessing the different traditions. We ate the most amazing authentic food too!! ( I think that's one of the best parts about experiencing different cultures...the food!!) It was a craaaazy day and I had a blast...but then crashed hard once I got home :) The lucky part was that we couldnt wear shoes during the Cambodian ceremony so our feet lasted alot longer than if we would have shot the whole day in shoes.

when I was picking out shots to post I narrowed it down to 47! But I cant post 47 shots...Thats ridiculous! Sooo, I had to settle for a few handfuls, enough to show you a lil' bit of each part of the day :)

The American Dress...










I snapped this right as her attendants shoved a bobby pin into the back of her head... OUCH!


During one part of the Cambodian Ceremony.. ( it had 4 parts!)


Holy FOOD Batman! Everyone went outside and they had a parade where each guest carried one plate of food and then came back inside... very interesting








Ami was sooo fun, she laughed ALOT!




A groomsman was giving us a show...



The happy Couple




There is so much more too, but it takes forever to load these one by one! :)

8 Comments:

Blogger Brett Austin said...

SHYLA!! Those are amazing pictures! And so out of the ordinary as well. What a great opportunity to shoot a wedding like that.

I really like the black and white shot of the bride sitting on the ground. You caught such a great moment right there.

Sweet stuff!

8/01/2006 1:41 PM  
Blogger Danielle Renee said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8/01/2006 1:48 PM  
Blogger Danielle Renee said...

oops. he he.

Great Job Anahita!!!!
These are great! I love the originality to the wedding. The other detail shots you showed me were incredible! You get more impressive as the days go on
I love you!
Roomie

8/01/2006 2:08 PM  
Blogger Sara France Photography said...

Okay, seriously, amazing images!!! I am so impressed!!! Keep it up!!!

8/01/2006 6:28 PM  
Blogger Sarah Barlow said...

Shy!! You're incredible!! When can you come shoot with me????? PLEASE!! :)

8/02/2006 8:00 AM  
Blogger Michael Norwood said...

Shyla, those are great! You need to come shoot with me some time!

8/02/2006 2:45 PM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

Giiiirl! You better post more because those are fantastic! Great job...and I'm sure you had a blast with the Lyons! They're just so darn cute! :)

8/02/2006 11:06 PM  
Blogger c r y s t a l said...

Those are BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Love them all! what an awesome wedding! you're so talented, girl!

CONGRATS on the new job, too!! That's soooo great! You deserve it, girl!

Can't wait to give you a ginormous hug!!

8/04/2006 11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home