Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sunday, July 30, 2006

I have been looking for a job for a while now because I needed something to support my habit of Photography... ( for now anyway)
The hardest part for me is that I just couldnt bear to give 40 hours of my week to a job that had nothing to do with my passion, and didnt further my desire to one day be self sufficent in Photography...
Then the most wonderful thing happened... Thursday night I recieved an email from Jeff Jochum (VP of sales and marketing at Pictage) saying that he was looking for an assistant and wondered if I would be interested...
Long story short, we met the next day and BAM! I went from submitting endless resumes to officially being employed. :) I am now Jeff's assistant and a Pictage employee...! its wierd to think about but it is so exciting...!!
It all happened so fast too... I got the email thursday night, we met on Friday at 5:15pm, I accepted the job by 5:25 pm and then by 5:45 he took me home to meet his wife Mel, mom Marie, and baby David J (....hmmm named after someone we know??? haha ). Anyway, I look forward to the many opportunities this will present! A BIG HUGE Thanks to everyone involved ;)! Yay!

14 Comments:

Blogger Keats Elliott Photography said...

Shyla! That is such a fantastic opportunity for you. Jeff is a really talented man and there will be so many people to meet and such great stuff to learn. AMAZING! You have positioned yourself to make wonderful things happen in your life and you are also open to the miracles that surround you. It's a perfect combination of awe and grace. You go girl!

7/30/2006 10:48 AM  
Blogger Brett Austin said...

Awesome Shyla! This sounds like such a great setup for you! Congrats!

7/30/2006 11:52 AM  
Blogger Sarah Barlow said...

Oh wow!!! That's incredible Shy!!!
I'm so proud of you!!
God is just so amazing like that!
So excited to see what he has planned for you!!

7/30/2006 1:37 PM  
Blogger || davidjay || said...

Yea Shy!!! Don't tell Jeff all those things I said about him!

:)

7/30/2006 3:27 PM  
Blogger Sara France Photography said...

That is great! You are going to love everyone there! It is a great team and you are a great fit!

7/30/2006 4:55 PM  
Blogger Michael Norwood said...

That's so awesome Shyla... do you think you can get me a discount there now? Just kidding, congratutlations. How'd the wedding go with Justin and Amelia?

7/30/2006 5:08 PM  
Blogger Shyla said...

Michael... the wedding went awesome!!! They were sooo fun to shoot with! I just adore them! :)

Merci Mad'am France... Maybe I will be as awesome as you some day! ;)

Gee, are you trying to sway my loyalties Deej??? ;)

Thanks Miss Barlow! I am excited too! Sad thing though is that that I cant move to SB yet... I have to move to Long Beach...Hopefully my dream of SB will come true some day ...

Brett-man! You need to set up a blog...or a myspace or SOMETHING!!!

Keats...Jeff IS a great guy and I feel privliged to get to work with him...I cant wait to experience the amszing stuff you've got me so amped about! :)

7/30/2006 10:58 PM  
Blogger JeffersonTodd said...

That's so awesome Shayla! What an answer to prayer this is.

Now I know who to bug when I need an answer from Jeff. ;-)

7/31/2006 12:11 PM  
Blogger Tim Co. said...

wow this is awesome! congrats!

call me for your corporate headshot ;-)

7/31/2006 2:56 PM  
Blogger Michael Juiliano said...

i wonder how many new friends you will have when word gets out.

congrats that is cool.

8/01/2006 11:24 AM  
Blogger Călin said...

Great! wish the same would happen to me :(

8/01/2006 12:54 PM  
Blogger Liana said...

Wohooo! Yeah Shyla! That's soooo awesome. You're gonna feel like you're on vaca every day working with Jeff - gotta make sure he lets u in on all his old star performances from back in the days too :) Can't wait to see you in a month and give u a big monster-hug!

8/03/2006 4:46 PM  
Blogger Holritz Photography said...

Congrats with this Shylalalalala!!!!

I am SO excited for you!

I miss you!

amber

8/04/2006 9:44 PM  
Blogger Alison B. said...

congratulations shyla!

9/04/2006 12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home