Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Read Read Read!!

Life has been CRAZY this past week... I completed my first full week at Pictage and trying to adjust to having a real job. Thankfully, I LOVE it and honestly couldnt ask for a a better opportunity to build that next layer of foundation as I begin to build a business. Working with Mike was just the beginning, I learned and grew soooo much, he was the perfect person to get under and watch and learn. Now the next layer of that foundation is being laid and what is sooo exciting is that it is all still intertwined with the first one! So, now I am focusing more and more on just trying to grow it right. One of the ways I feel I can do that is through reading!
As I was going through school a professor once said...

"If your not reading, your not leading"

I really believe this is true... If you want to make an impact then start filling your head with some real solid knowledge! "Fast-food" knowledge is available to everyone through TV and such, but imagine how much more you can offer through information that isnt just bottle fed! Through Television everyone knows the same stuff...but through reading you can offer so much more above and beyond what is "common knowledge"!
I think we sometimes have to really discipline ourselves to not get comfortable with spoon fed information but really make an attempt to take it to the next level :)
This applies to reading the Bible too... its so easy to fill up on the 'fast food' stuff that is simply to get us by ( i.e... Sunday/Radio Sermons, Christian Music, Christian books etc) But that is all only meant to supplement...the true nutrition comes from a daily immersion into the unadulterated word of God. This is where I struggle! I LOVE to read but have been so focused on the really cool business books ( I bought 3 new ones this week alone!) and soaking up as much as I can that I have let slide what is truly the most important! I truly do desire to be effective in my Christian walk because I want to help others, but in business and in life.... if I am not reading, I am not leading!

2 Comments:

Blogger || davidjay || said...

Brilliant! Keep rockin!

8/11/2006 3:14 AM  
Blogger Kevin Keelan said...

Hi Shyla,
I come to you via Mike Colons blog and was excided to have found yours.
We met at one of Mike’s workshops earlier this year. I enjoyed our conversations and was impressed with your commitment to walking in faith. I got an overwhelming feeling that faith alone was your compos and knew that it would lead you to do some wonderful things in life.
So much so, I remember telling my wife Julie about you and that I hoped our little girl Carly, 7yrs old, would grow up to be just like you. I am glad to know thing are going well.
Blessings in all you do,
Kevin

8/15/2006 9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home