Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thursday, August 17, 2006

All you need is LOVE…


People are driven by emotion…If the emotion centers of our brain are damaged in some way, we don’t just lose the ability to laugh or cry but we lose the ability to make decisions!! Decisions are intertwined with emotions!!! Could that mean Business decisions are intertwined with emotions?? OF COURSE!
I am reading this book called Lovemarks by Kevin Roberts and loving it! Every book I’ve read lately is vocally or non-chalantly centered on Love as a verb. Intertwined in those four letters is the revolutionary way forward for businesses small and large. This book specifically focuses of reinventing the idea of branding by encouraging “lovemarks” which is the idea of connecting emotionally with consumers and providing a reason for them to fall in love with you and with your products. Roberts describes how business has evolved from products to trademarks, to brand,s and now lovemarks, while passionately explaining that lovemarks are the only way to differentiate yourself from nowhere “blands”. Profoundly explaining how each progressive step from product to lovemark has pulled emotion closer and closer to the center of it's purpose. His solution to brands that have ran out of juice (so-to-speak) is creating product and Experiences that have the power to create long term emotional connections with consumers. Where you have a customer in love, you have a lovemark!
Interestingly enough the lovebug virus of 2000 infected computers around the world all because unsuspecting victims clicked on a unknown attachment that said “I love you!” What does that tell you about the innate human need for love? Now imagine how you can utilize this basic human need in your business… I am almost overwhelmed with the possibilities!

“I don’t think there is anything higher than Love. I am not sure what could possibly come after Love because Love is so expansive. I had such a difficult time coming up with a definition of Love in my book but the way I define Love is the selfless promotion of others. If you selflessly promote the growth of your customers and your colleagues, that’s true love. I don’t know what more you could do for someone.” - Tim Sanders


Gee, I could keep going, but I think you get my point! All you need is LOVE! :D

5 Comments:

Blogger Christine Meintjes said...

...all we need is love.. Something I just experienced yesterday was a little begger boy that came up to me as I was walking to my car, he was about 8 years old and asked me for money, I then asked him where his mom and dad was and he said his dad was dead and his mom was blind and then he told me they lived on the steet, I was so sad then I gave him a take-away dinner...but as I was driving back home I was so sad thinking that that boy might never experience real love...how privelaged are we to have love!**

8/18/2006 9:01 AM  
Blogger Brett Austin said...

Shyla... all of this is so true!

I was reading this other rather large book that had that theme in it as well. :o) It said something to the effect of:

"Love your neighbor as yourself." -Matt. 22:39

Getting past the over use of that word and really thinking about what that means can make such a world of difference. In every aspect of our lives!

8/18/2006 10:04 PM  
Blogger Shyla said...

Its true Christine... we ARE privileged!
Brett man - first off Im gonna start calling you Johnny Bravo ;).. secondly, I totally agree, it is hard to get past the generic stereotype that word seems to embody! I studied Greek in college and one assignment we did an in depth study of the various greek words for "love". It was sooo facinating to examine the occurences and the uses of 'fileo' ( friendship love) and 'agape' ( self sacrificing, unconditional love). Christ's love is described as agape and that verse in Matt 22 is also 'agape'....hmmm interesting huh?
He lived out its true meaning and made an impact that has spanned generations... thats the POWER of love! If we only acheive a fraction of that love ( like Matt 22 implies), could you imagine the impact?!

8/19/2006 1:04 AM  
Blogger Ray Santana said...

Hey you whats up Shyla how r you doing yea me & my wife were in the OC acouple weeks ago. UncleMike invited us to fly up and i teamed up with the Man to do the wedding in thousand oaks it was amazing Ilove out there I promise next time im in town ill call im sorry it went by so quick, o by the way
i swithed over to apple this week i got the macpro 17" fully loade 2 gigs of ram all the toys its sweeeet. And im waiting for my macpro pc i got the 30"in hd cdisplay and wednesday i get the 3 gig big boy with 8 gigs of ram 2 harddrives 2 discs player bigger graphics card the monster well mike changed me into apple durring the wedding in Monaco he just totaly changed into apple nice system. anyway i will keep in touch with you . been checking out your blog lately nice shots you have taking dude, keep up the good work. your friend ray....
hd
cdislay

8/19/2006 5:19 PM  
Blogger Danielle Renee said...

i



love




YOU!

8/20/2006 1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home