Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, May 08, 2006

I am officially a Santa Barbara junkie...

Friday was the fabulous Amy Nave's Birthday so I cruised on up to spend some time with the crew, and I simply couldnt have asked for more fun! I was surrounded by the most amazing people who all brought a unique flavor that made for an amazingly great experience!

Saturday: Dinner at Chad's... with [b], Keats, Dane, Kristin ,DJ, Aims, Gary, and Melissa followed by a run to Coldstone and then a rendevouz back at DJ's place where Gary sernaded us all evening with his masterpiece 'Ode de Flatulence' while Deej and [b] talked juicy gossip....ok, so they talked business but you should have seen them, the ardency with which they chatted made it obvious of their passion for business! I was rapidly jotting down mental notes while "looking at a magazine" in hopes not to show how eagerly I was hanging on their every word. Great business minds facinate me and so this opportunity was invaluable! ( the only problem is that between this weekend, and then cramming for my final today, my brain is on overlaod...TOO MUCH INPUT..."No disassemble Johnny 5")
Anyway, DJ's place is right in the heart of downtown so our visits were accompanied by loud Mexican Music played on the street in celebration of Cinco De Mayo... An entirely different tune than that played by Gary but equally as entertaining!

Sunday: Church at Reality Carp with Deej, & Aims!...Then the BIKE! Haha! A 9 passenger bike that barely fit 8 of us was put in motion by the 6 different pedlers who all had differnet distance perceptions...
1/2mi+ 7mi+ 15mi = 2 blocks (yeah, the math doesnt add up does it? ;)) Well, what's even better is that we broke it!!! Hahahaha...yeah we totally snapped the axle! I dont know it its because we went careening off a 1ft-ish curb or riding lil'Gary around in the infant seat on the front??? Oh well it made for wonderful memories!
Anyway, after dessert on the pier we again headed back to DJ's abode and learned some valuable lessons from Master Fong Himself.... I am amazed at his heart for people. Being as sucessful as he is has not hardened him to others and that is very admirable! One thing he stressed last night that is worth its weight in gold???...... SAVE SAVE SAVE your $$$, a simple principle that doesnt take a financial degree to learn...simply discipline and hard work! Laziness gets you nowhere...the life you have always wanted is in your OWN hands!

Ok, so since I didnt take a camera (CRAZY, I know...you can repremand me later) I had to resort to being a blog thief...these pictures are all swiped from Gary's blog but I just wanted you to see how much fun we had... :)

The crew...



Oops...

Since we dont have a shot with EVERYONE in it...I drew one :)

9 Comments:

Blogger || davidjay || said...

Brilliant! :D

5/09/2006 2:33 AM  
Blogger Sarah Barlow said...

oh wow!!! Love the drawing!!!
And you know...maybe we should still work out something in SB for a couple weeks in the summer!! I'll need a break!!;) AHH!! I miss you too!

5/09/2006 11:04 PM  
Blogger Shyla said...

Yes Yes YES!!!! Hooray!!! I get to bask in the presence of the great Sarah Barlow! Ooooh we will have so much fun!

5/10/2006 12:06 AM  
Blogger amynave said...

You are toooooo funny:) So glad you were able to come up to SB. You can visit/stay with me anytime:)

Love ya!!!!!!

Aims

5/10/2006 12:22 AM  
Blogger || davidjay || said...

We miss you - come back soon!!!

5/10/2006 8:01 PM  
Blogger Shyla said...

Amy love, Thanks for being the hostess with the mostess! You are simply amazing and I appreciate your hospitality!

Deej...The feeling is mutual, trust me! The hard part is that SB is really not that far from me so I want to come up there every day! :(

5/10/2006 9:22 PM  
Blogger brittany leigh said...

i CANNOT believe that you were in SB and didn't call me!!! grrr!!!!

its alright...other people are much more important!! ;)

hehe. hope all is well beautiful!

talk to you soon!

5/10/2006 9:23 PM  
Blogger Shyla said...

So sorry Darling!! I am a horrible friend!
I was there for Amy's birthday and we had our days planned out, but I should have at least called you.... Im srry love, please forgive! :)
I guess that just means I'll have to come up again...Darn! ;) ;)

5/10/2006 10:31 PM  
Blogger Holritz Photography said...

I am SO jealous.

SO jealous.

Ugh.

amber

5/12/2006 7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home