Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Santa Bob-ra

One thing I absolultey love is spontenaity. There is somethng about getting a crazy idea in your head and dropping everything to go do it. Im not condoning irresponsbility, I am simply encouraging random bursts of unplanned adventure :)
Anyway, that was what my roomate and I did yesterday. She has been needing some grad pictures to send in her announcemnets so we made a day of it...in Santa Barbara! (we use our snooty voices and pronounce it Sana Bob-ra). Since SB is like my favoritist city EVER, and Danielle had never been it nly seemed perfect! We left at 2, stopped at Samy's in Pasadena, hit some traffic, and still made it by 4! :) We caffinated ourselves at a cute little coffeeshop called Finestra and then walked across the street to the courthouse where we shot for nearly three hours!...so FUN! Once it got dark we lingered up and down State Street (the main street in SB)looking for a place to eat. In our indecisiveness we realized it was already 8:30 so we settled in at Opal restaurant and had the most wonderful dinner and best of all....Creme Brulee!!!
So... I fell asleep editing last night and Im off to class now but here are a few of the shots amidst the beautiful backdrop of the Santa Bob-ra courthouse!







7 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Barlow said...

I LOVE SB!! Definitely my favorite city too!!
Beautiful pictures Shyla!! You're awesome!

4/27/2006 3:29 PM  
Blogger Shyla said...

Sarah, Lets move to SB together!
Amy, how about 1 more? ;) Can Sarah move in too?

4/27/2006 3:49 PM  
Blogger Mike Colón said...

What a cutie! Thanks for stopping by today! I couldn't ask for a better way to wake up from my nap :) Very cool images too!

4/27/2006 7:37 PM  
Blogger Sarah Barlow said...

TOTALLY!!! I'm all for it!!
That would be sooo fun!! AHH! hehe!!
...except I don't think we would EVER get any work done!! lol!!

4/28/2006 1:30 PM  
Blogger Shyla said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4/30/2006 2:12 AM  
Blogger amynave said...

Sorry I couldn't hang with you while you were here:( I have been crazy busy...... Next time forsure:)

4/30/2006 3:30 PM  
Blogger || davidjay || said...

Great shots! I so wish I was here when you girls were up here!!! Come back!!!

4/30/2006 3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home