Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I'm a REAL photographer now!


Yippee! I finally got my camera! I went all around town looking for this silly thing but EVERY camera store in the Portland area was sold out and back ordered! I wanted to buy it in Oregon because there is no sales tax. (Even the online companies are back ordered.) One store found a sister store that had ONE left in stock on the westside.. so I drove ALL the way out there because I am ridiculous and couldnt wait for delivery :)
So, now I can call myself a real photographer because I have my own camera (no more renting from the unfriendly folks @ my neighborhood camera store!!)
I'm such a dork, I spent more time taking pictures OF my camera than taking pics WITH my camera last night (the one above was my favorite, just dont tell Nikon it was shot with a Canon ;)... I'll just say I was practicing the whole "product photography" thing)
Today is a different story though, I have been reading every page of that stinkin manual and customizing it out the wa-zoo!
So in case you cant tell...I am really excited! :)

10 Comments:

Blogger || davidjay || said...

Yea girl! New toys are always fun! :)

5/23/2006 11:41 PM  
Blogger Tim Co. said...

congrats on the new camera! It must be very exciting..

5/24/2006 12:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah Barlow said...

Oh sweet!!!!
Can't wait to see some of the shots:)
You go girl! hehe!

5/24/2006 7:13 AM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

Wait a minute....I thought you wanted to be cool and shoot with a Canon?! Shyla, you just crossed to the dark side! :) JK...Congrats, girl!

5/24/2006 8:44 AM  
Blogger Ray Santana said...

it,s not the dark side Shyla its the "Best side" nikon baby....
by the way i wish u could be with us in monaco..........your friend
uncleray....

5/24/2006 2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

he he he the adventures await us when you return.... :)
Roomate

5/25/2006 1:53 AM  
Blogger brittany leigh said...

hey girl!! hope all is well.

im with jasmine though...you moved to the dark side...crazy chick!!! ;)

missed you this week!!! you could have met the boy! ;) hehe...

talk to you soon!

5/26/2006 2:14 AM  
Blogger Holritz Photography said...

NIKON BABY!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!

5/26/2006 7:05 AM  
Blogger Shyla said...

Nikon is the underdog... so technically they arent the Dark Side! Canon is the Dark side that steals people from Nikon!

I am a loyal pad-wan learner to Jedi Matser Colon, but if Sith Lord Jay is ever in need of an assistant, I would cross over for the day ;) (wink, wink)


Ray, I wish I could be in Monaco too! You know, if you decide you need a third shooter I will hop on a plane in a heart beat! It could be a convening of the Jedi Council ;)

Brittnay Darling... I missed you too! But hey, I am coming to SB for memorial day weekend, I'll call you...do you have plans Monday? :)

5/26/2006 11:18 AM  
Blogger amynave said...

How exciting!!!!! Hey, are you still coming down this weekend???? E-mail if you are and I'll plan a dinner for Monday night.

5/26/2006 11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home