Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Portland PUG

Last night was the launch of the Portland PUG meeting hosted by TJ Cameron and Kevin Meyers....and of course the wonderful Sara France was in town to kick it off. Sara did a wonderful job and I left the meeting so excited to start a business and include Pictage in the process! I have definately been exposed to Pictage but I had no idea of everything they have to offer! After hearing the pitch its hard to understand why a photographer WOULDNT want to join because it just makes everything a whole lot easier!
After the meeting they got together for a group picture and I offered to take it since I dont live here and wont be attending thier group. Anyway, Sara handed me her Mark II (which is completley foreign to me since I am used to shooting Nikon) and I began taking pictures but for some reason they were ALL out of focus...Sara looked at it and shot some test shots and they were great...she went back to the group, everyone smiled and they were out of focus again!!! We couldnt figure out what was going on! I think it was because it sensed I shoot Nikon and was rebelling!! ;)
Sara said it was because it only behaved for its mommy....which proved true when other people tried to shoot and there was the same problem :)
The group then went out to Hubers for a few hours and we saw this really cool bartender who came to our table and made these drinks light on fire!! Soooo awesome!
(The fire in those glasses was not photoshoped!! )



Here is the great Sara France...



And here is where I get to play Matchmaker!! I told Kev I wouldnt make him a match.com profile but since I have alot of girlfriends from school, I would solicite him on my blog to try to get him a date...
SWM seeking Blonde hair blue eyed female...


Full Name: Kevin Fletcher Meyers
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Lt. Brown
Height: 6 ft somethin' (come on girls...you know you like tall men!)
Ethnicity: Russian!
Hometown: Portland, Oregon
Hobbies: Computer Genius, Photographer, was a cheerleader in Highschool ;)
Kevin enjoys long walks on the beach, and taking pictures of pretty ladies.
If this sounds like the man for you, please visit www.kevinmeyers.net to arrange an interview ;)....haha



Anyway, Thanks Sara, TJ, and Kevin for sharing all your wisdom and fun! :)

8 Comments:

Blogger || davidjay || said...

You forgot to mention that Kevin has really soft hands!

5/23/2006 11:45 AM  
Blogger Kevin Meyers said...

Uh-oh...I thought you were joking when you had me fill out that bio sheet!

5/23/2006 11:58 AM  
Blogger Shyla said...

Soft Hands??? How do YOU know he has soft hands Deej???

I couldnt let you down Kev-Kev! I'm all about hookin' people up! ;)

5/23/2006 1:47 PM  
Blogger || davidjay || said...

You told me!

5/23/2006 5:29 PM  
Blogger Shyla said...

Sure DJ...;)

5/23/2006 6:46 PM  
Blogger || davidjay || said...

LOL..

5/23/2006 11:41 PM  
Blogger tj cameron said...

Shlya!!! the Ethnicity part made me laugh pretty hard. I'm just visualizing Kev at the table... Who has that on video?

I don't know anything about the soft hands... but you did forget he has a special talent!! "Can I get a P...?"

5/24/2006 9:23 AM  
Blogger tj cameron said...

Oops... you did mention it! I just missed it.

enjoy the new camera!

5/24/2006 9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home