Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Show me the LOVE!


This book has been recomended to me countless times and now its my turn to forward the sentiments... Read it, you'll LOVE it! Anyway,I am just finishing up this book and have really been thinking about how incredibly blessed I am to be apart of such an awesome community of what the book calls "lovecats". I had lunch with a friend the other day who is trying to break into the music business and as we discussed business and our plan of action, I started talking about this book I was reading and the community that I have been allowed to be apart of. He was completley shocked at the idea of people helping eachother out and even professed to be envious of the model. Apparently the "every man for himself" idea is still prevelant among the business-culture and its so sad to see the ramifications... It shouldnt be a foriegn concept!
So, Why not be a giver??? There is plenty to go around and how awesome is it to see someone else live out their dreams?!? Anyway, I just want to reiterate how thankful I am for each and everyone one of you who is apart of the community of givers, I am so blessed to know such great people :)


Here's a quote that I read in a different book last night that just happened to coincide...

"Give abundantly! Feel that you are rich.
Of love, of thought, of all you have... give, give, give
You are followers of the world's Greatest Giver.
Give of time, of personal ease and comfort, of rest, of fame, of healing, of power, of sympathy, of all these and many more.
Learn this lesson and you will become a great power to help others and to do mighty things!"

:)

5 Comments:

Blogger || davidjay || said...

That a girl!!! You're already a lovecat but definitely read the book - "Your network is your networth"

:)

6/29/2006 5:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah Barlow said...

Awesome book!!
That is such an incredible quote too! My old pastor would say that people have this shortage mentality that if they give alot then there's not going to be any left for them! YEAH RIGHT!! There is absolutely no shortage!! :)
I agree with DJ that you're definitely already a lovecat!

6/29/2006 7:46 AM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

Girl, you're such a Lovecat, you make me purrrrrrrr :)

6/29/2006 7:57 AM  
Blogger Holritz Photography said...

Lovecat is an incredible concept... once that already have down!!!

(Why dont I ever see you on OSP :( )

6/29/2006 8:44 AM  
Blogger Shyla said...

Amber... Its because my computer crashed so I use my roomates computer and I cant be on as frequently as I like :(... But all that will be remedied SOON b/c I am getting a MAC!!! :)

Whoa Jazzy!, No one has ever told me I make them puurrrrr...I think I kinda like it ;) haha

I love that Quote Deej! The cool thing is that, that networth is not necessarily monetary so its so much more rich and valuable because its made up of people! How awesome to say "my networth is people"!!

Nope, no shortage Sarah... Its a free flowing fountain. The mindset, I think, comes from the fact that we in our human nature screw things up so royally that we have resorted to an "every man for himself" mentality to avoid pain and disappointment. The cool thing about this idea is that it paralleles some biblical principles!

:)

6/29/2006 9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home