Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sunday, June 18, 2006

PPM Shoot!

Last weekend I had the opportunity to shoot for Popular Photography Magazine in Newport Beach. Phil from PPM called me and asked if I would be willing to document a Nikon Masters Class to show in the magazine. Of Course! Especially when I found out that Joe Bussink was teaching it. Essentially I got paid to shoot and listen to Joe speak...not bad huh? :) Well, to make it even better, the guys from Nikon were out from NY so I had the pleasure of seeing Mike Corrado who I was introduced to at WPPI. I was so excited because he totally remebered me and gave me a HUGE hug and we hung out the rest of the day! Those Nikon guys are soooo great...They even offered to let me use thier lenses so I got to experiment with some fun ones! :) We even went out to dinner that night so I made some fun new friends at Nikon!

During the 'practical' part of the class, students had the opportunity to shoot brides of different ethnicities. A Masai couple from Africa and Miss Afghanistan offered us a new look at your traditional bride :)
Here are a few shots from the day.... Something went crazy wrong with my computer so the favs I picked and placed in a folder wont open :( These will have to work for now..they are saved at a low quality but at least you get the idea :)

This is Joe showing us what he looks like when he shoots...
I think he looks like a Black Ops agent :)






4 Comments:

Blogger Rodolfo Arpia said...

That is so cool! I was registered for that class but had to miss it at the last minute ;-(

6/19/2006 8:20 AM  
Blogger Sarah Barlow said...

That's totally awesome Shy!!
Beautiful pics too!!!!

6/20/2006 8:19 AM  
Blogger Holritz Photography said...

Yuo are SO cool Shy!!!!

6/22/2006 5:46 AM  
Blogger Shyla said...

Rudy, Thats sad! We could've met!

Sarah...Thanks darling!

Holritz Clan...If you think I am cool, its only because you guys rubbed off on me ;) And it sounds like I get to be refilled with the holritz "coolness" really soon ;) I cant wait Amber!!

6/22/2006 11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home