Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I heart Chicago!!!

The Barlow Experience: 4 day intensive in beautiful Chicago, IL

'Blessed' doesnt seem to encompass the feeling I walked away with after this weekend. At the close of spending 4 action-packed days in Chicago with the infamous Barlow Family I left with the biggest smile on my face. Truly the most loving and caring family...they are some of the few who not only preach it but live it out in their everyday lives. I always say "actions speak louder than words" and this family is the epitome of this axiom!....
I just got home Sunday night and I already am suffering from Barlow withdrawls...:(

Not only did we have sooooo much fun, but I learned a thing or two in the process...like...
1. Sarah's motto..."No cop, no stop"... has no consequences
2. When the Barlow's call me a 'Beast' it DOESNT mean I am fat and hairy!...its actually a compliment...haha!
3. Oberweiss truly is the BEST chocolate milk ever!
4. There is no substitute for authentic Chicago-style Pizza....YUM!
5. When you run after a flock of grazing Geese in the middle of the night, you get stopped by the cops and asked to leave the premisis
6. ...Um... yeah, so even though the camera says your battery is dead, DONT...I reapeat ... DO NOT... stick it in your mouth because your hands are too full to hold it. An electrocuted tounge feels REALLY uncomfortable! :)

So now, allow me to introduce the infamous Barlow Family... I realized I never got any shots of Mom & Dad Barlow but the whole family looks alike anyway so you really only need to see the kids and you'll know what Joe and Nancy look like ;)



And last but not least... The one and only Sarah Barlow



I totally felt like a part of the family from the moment I walked in the door and saw a "Welcome Shyla" sign posted up...Its as if you cross over this magical threshold and automatically are infused with Barlow-blood! Now, if only I some of their talent would rub off on me, I'd be set! ;)
I absolutley LOVE you guys!!! Thanks again for EVERYTHING...you touched me in ways that will have a forever-impact!
Here are a few more from the weekend...






And this one was added by special request from Natalie.... :)


Wanna know something else??? I ran into my friend Lisa Goe ( who also happens to be Amy Nave's roomate!) on the plane. We were on the same flight!!! She was enroute to a wedding in Chicago and a gig opening for Shawn MacDonald...I was so excited to see her!

12 Comments:

Blogger Danielle Renee said...

Too bad the Barlow's don't have any boys closer to your age... or you'd be set! What's up with that? :)

10/03/2006 11:10 PM  
Blogger Shyla said...

Yeah... we discussed that... Darn it!!!

10/03/2006 11:30 PM  
Blogger Brett Austin said...

I've got to meet all these Barlows at some point! They seem like quite the crew!

And will you please eloborate more on the battery-tongue thing... is this a personal experience you just had? I wanna know how that came about and what you did with it if your hands were full? Would this have been some AFV footage?

10/04/2006 4:56 AM  
Blogger Sarah Barlow said...

SHYLA!!!! It was soooo amazing having you here!!! Wow!! It went by waaay too fast!! Love you girl! Come back soon!! :)

10/04/2006 9:13 AM  
Blogger Shyla said...

Haha... Ok so, my battery died in my camera and I was scrambling to change my battery, lens and CF card all at the same time. Without thinking, I stuck the battery in my teeth because my hands were full.... Somehow my tongue touched the exposed metal and I didnt know what I was feeling at first until it all of a sudden HURT! haha... yeah, I am a dork but I dont think there was enough juice in it for AFV!!
My tongue WAS numb for the next half hour though.... it was the wierdest sensation

10/04/2006 9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww...shy! Come back soon!!
Now that you have Showit you should have put it to good use:) but maybe its a good thing that you didnt...there were some pretty disturbing images from the weekend!! ;)

love you:)
Ps. I wish we could fedex you the rest of our oberweis chocolate milk...We cant drink it..no sugar..:(

10/04/2006 10:39 AM  
Blogger Brett Austin said...

Sound like a new method of anesthesia for dentists to me!

10/04/2006 2:52 PM  
Blogger Daniel J. Watkins said...

Looks like you had a BLAST girl. (And, yes, I say that to everyone lucky enough to spend time with Sarah and her family!) Miss you girl...and your awesome hugs! :)

10/04/2006 8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww...thanks Shy!!! Hehe:) I love that pic!!;)

Love you!:)

10/04/2006 9:10 PM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

How awesome is that family?!?! Lucky! ;)
Glad to hear you had a great time!

10/05/2006 10:11 AM  
Blogger Shyla said...

Awww Dan... I'll send you a hug in a bottle.... whats your address?



Yeah!!! FedEx it to me ;) haha!

10/05/2006 5:27 PM  
Blogger SamTheMan said...

Hi Shyla,

Yes, the Barlows are really cool people. I had the honor to work with them and miss them a great deal. Looks like you guys had a blast, and I'm glad to learn that you're not fat and hairy. (that was too funny). Next time you're in town hit me up and dinner is on me. Be blessed and keep shooting!

10/21/2006 9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home