Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, December 18, 2006

Amazing!

We got back late last night from the Orphanage and I walked around in a complete daze today. I haven't quite figured out if it was the effects of exhaustion or the sobering effects of my visit to such a poverty stricken country... Regardless, I know that this trip will have a lasting effect :)

Here's a pic of our team with our friend Erik ( left) who we went to college with. Erik has so selflessly given his life to the Orphanage and raising these kids! He not paid and has no source of income ( except donations) but I have never seen a man more gentle or love kids so much... It was truly touching!



What was so amazing about visiting this Orphanage was seeing how happy the kids were. Their team takes such incredible care of these children!! You can see how happy they were by thier smiles and laughter :) I had so many adventures in our short little trip... For example,When I found out we were having Pig-head soup for dinner the first night, we convinced the cook to pull it out of the pot to take a picture!! Look for it in the slideshow :)

We also hiked out to the hills and went shooting! Not with Cameras... with GUNS!!! It was soo cool! Although I think my ears are STILL ringing from the shots...haha


And whats a trip to Mexico without a soccer game and a few fun soccer pics??








**Click Here**for the Slideshow!! :)



(Special Thanks to Brett-Man for helping me get this up tonight!!...)


***EDIT***: The location on the slideshow is supposed to be Valle De Palma, Tecate, Mexico. ;)

7 Comments:

Blogger amynave said...

Hey Love. Glad you are back safe and sound. I wanna go next time forsure.

Love love love

12/18/2006 9:36 PM  
Blogger Sarah Barlow said...

Wow! That's so precious Shyla!!
Ditto what Amy said!!!
Love you!!

12/18/2006 9:53 PM  
Blogger Shyla said...

Hey ladies!!! We are planning a huge renovation of our friend Erik house where we will need lots of hands... I'll definately keep you posted ;)

12/18/2006 9:56 PM  
Blogger brittany leigh said...

hey love!! let me know when you go again, if you could use some help, i'd love to go!!! i used to go several times a year, but haven't lately!

slideshow is awesome!!

miss you!

12/18/2006 10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures of the orphanage Shyla! Isn't it amazing?? I can't wait to have time to go again. I haven't been in forever. And uh yeah- how was that soup??

12/19/2006 1:10 PM  
Blogger Shyla said...

um...well... it was greasy... LOL!!

BUT, I failed to mention that we drove up to the taco stand at the top of the hill twice that day ;)
hee hee!!

:D

12/19/2006 2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is so awesome you take the time to do this. please let me know when you go down to Mexico again.. Im sure start my donation team here in Santa Barbara.

much love,

jose villa

12/27/2006 9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home