Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Happy Happy Happy...FEET!

This is me... :)
I began thinking about where my love for Cartoon originated and I realized that it is the way they make me feel... As a child we couldnt always afford everyday luxuries but when you are 7, you dont know any different. I remember crawling out of bed on Saturday mornings and turning on the TV...lying on the floor, closing my eyes and imagining the pictures that accompained the voices I was hearing. We had a TV, but the TV had no picture...only sound. It didnt seem to matter...I remember feeling alive during those times because I was the animator and my imagination was excercised with each 1/2 hour segment. To this day, watching cartoons takes me back to that precious time in my life that serves as the foundation for my current imagination.
Additionally, and perhaps I can blame Walt Disney for this but, somewhere along the way I fell in love the singing and dancing cartoons that in turn birthed a love for musicals.

Since I am reminicing, I should also point out that I have collected penguins for years! I dont know how it started really but once people find out you like something, you end up with a BUNCH of them :) So, every year at Christmas I decorate an entire 6ft tree in nothing but penguin ornaments...and every year I get at least one new penguin ornament so the collection grows

Now all this actually DOES have a point! I am so excited because tomorrow the movie Happy Feet comes out and I am so giddy!!! Cartoons, singing, dancing, & penguins ALL ROLLED INTO ONE! I think this movie was created for me ;)
I am prepared to settle down in my theatre chair and let my imagination run wild...only this time, my eyes will be open!



8 Comments:

Blogger Brett Austin said...

Too funny on this post Shy!

I love the penguin collection! My sister does the same with angels... but I think I like the penguin idea a little bit better actually.

Looks like it could be a pretty good movie.

11/17/2006 12:21 AM  
Blogger Natalie Joy said...

Shy..your so cute.
And thats why i love you so much:)

11/17/2006 5:02 PM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

How cute!! How many penguin ornaments do you own? Aww, makes me excited for Christmas!

11/17/2006 9:45 PM  
Blogger Shyla said...

I just got back and the movie was GREAT!! I giggled like a school girl the whole time... it truly made me happy. I even danced out of the theatre! :)

I like the penguin idea better too B-man! I liked penguins before they were popular...they better not become a fad!


Nattie... I love you too chica!

Oh Jazzy, I have never counted but when I go home for Christmas I will make sure to sum them all up....its a good thing to know. I have a big tupperware container full though :) Who knew there could be soooo many different penguin ornaments?!

11/18/2006 1:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I told my Mom the other day when I saw the ad that I knew you were going to go the day it opened. I'm glad I can still call your shots. Distance has done nothing to my powers... Well not that this one was hard to call anyway. :)

Ok scary amout of penguins on that tree. I'm glad you never busted those out when we were living together. I would have had nightmares....

I shall leave you on three word memory:
Dirty Penguin Mug.

11/19/2006 4:41 PM  
Blogger Shyla said...

Hahahahaha!!! I should totally post a picture of that on here.
Just know that its not my fault... It was given to me by the pastor's secretary!

11/20/2006 1:15 AM  
Blogger Tim Co. said...

ooo I love musicals too! I feel pretty!!!

11/20/2006 11:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No you should not subject people to that.
Trauma.

11/24/2006 5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home