Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I love Halloween!

You know why I LOVE Halloween?? Because its an excuse to be creative! I seriously love making costumes for people...Especially when its for a contest!!!
My mom always tried to convince me that I should go to school for Fashion or Costume Design simply because ever since I was young, I would draw out an outfit for my Barbie Dolls and then try to make it on the sewing machine... My poor cat even had an outfit or two... The best part is that I would cut up my own clothes for the fabric to make these creations, which didn't go over to well with my mom ( as you can imagine)...
Nowadays, I refuse to mangle my own clothes for the sake of a costume but I also refuse to wear a store bought one... There is something so exciting about dreaming up an idea and watching it come to fruition :) Here are a few creations from my stint as a costume designer...ha ha

The ongoing joke about this costume was... "Does drinking a Dew make me a CANnibal"

Wonderwoman is my favorite superhero... So, Last Halloween, when I walked into the fabric store and saw blue velour fabric with silver stars I knew exactally what I wanted to be!

This car was the perfect accessory to these costumes!

Ok so I didnt sew anything for this one, we just used what she already had and added to it...but I thought it was funny!!
(ps) This dead starbucks employee is getting married to the Mt Dew Can next year!

3 Comments:

Blogger Danielle Renee said...

I missed you today when I was thinking about how you brought me a pirate costume last year to wear at work. You are the best with Halloween! And by far the most incredible costume maker I know.
I love you crazy!

10/31/2006 11:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fun costumes!!

11/01/2006 9:10 AM  
Blogger abcdef said...

WOW, you created these? Those are great Shyla. I love the Wonderwoman costume. She was my favorite childhood hero. I was sooo convinced that I could be Wonderwoman that I once jumped off the top of a storage shed in a friend's backyard. I landed in a squatting position and my little boney knees pierced my eyes and knocked all my eyelashes out. I'm not kidding.

11/03/2006 7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home