Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Friday, November 24, 2006

Christmas in California

It's finally 'legal' to listen to Christmas Music! People usually give me a hard time if I try to break out the Christmas music before Thanksgiving but now that Turkey day has passed I can blast it with out contention. I have over 200 Christmas songs on my computer...thats over 12 hours of straight music!

Christmas is my favorite holiday/season so I get really into it! I was the girl who snuck a 7 foot live tree into the dorms during my first year at college and I got busted because they could smell it...lol (apparently its a fire hazard in California)
This is my frist Christmas season in California ( in college, we had December off) and its a huge culture shock! It doesnt feel like Christmas time because it was 80 degrees earlier this week! Im used to hats & scarfs, Hot Chocolate in glove adorned hands and strolling down the streets of Downtown Portland listening the Street Carolers...not shorts and flip flops and sunshine :(
I shouldn't be complaining, I know, but I still cant help but miss the weather that traditionally accompanies the christmas spirit...
Just to give you an idea, here are a few pics of what Christmas was like in Washington a few years ago :)

My car was encompassed in at least an inch thick ice!! to de-ice my car I had to tie a rope around my waist and anchor it to the garage pillar so I could repel down the drive way with buckets of hot water and not slide down the drive-way! I would NOT suggest de-icing your car with hot water though...it cracked my windshield!!! LOL

This gives a new meaning to icicle lights...huh?!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah!! for the 7 foot tree!!!
That was SO MUCH FUN!!!!
We had some really wonderful times!!!
I love you Darling!!!
~Michelle

11/24/2006 9:04 PM  
Blogger Shyla said...

Oh Michelle-y...we DID have wonderful times! Thanks for putting up with my ridiculous love for Christmas and letting me bring in the tree for a hostle take over of our tiny room! Thankfully you are a northwesterner and could appreciate the need for a REAL tree!

xoxo

Love you too Darlin'

11/24/2006 9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish you could be "Christmas in California" with me.

WHHHAAAHHHH!

Separation Sucks.

Perhaps, Trenton should make his first road trip.

I'll be singing all I want for christmas, (Mariah style) and wishing you were here to sing it with me. I'll dedicate it to you tommorow while singing in my car :)

11/26/2006 11:34 PM  
Blogger Shyla said...

Thats funny Yellie...
I am singing "loosen up my buttons baby" and thinking of you...
Funny the songs that remind us of eachother huh?

LOL

11/27/2006 11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy CATS!! And I thought Chicago winters were cold.... O_O

Go ahead and sing those Christmas carols whenever you want to!! I start singing carols just after Oct. 31st. Yes, things are thrown at me, but the happiness I feel inside more than makes up for it!

=) Cool blog!

12/04/2006 10:58 AM  
Blogger c r y s t a l said...

you and your car troubles...... bless your heart.

12/06/2006 8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home