Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Barbados!!

I'd like to say I just got home from a wonderful wedding in Barbados...BUT... I am sorta stuck in Miami because my silly flight decided to leave early and thus I missed it :(
... haha....
technically I arrived at the gate 4 minutes before departure but still, they shouldn't leave EARLY!!!!...LOL
Sooo, I can say I just got back to the states from an amazing wedding in Barbados. :)

Today was full of running through airports! We were literally the LAST to board our flight from Barbados and we running on the tarmac in order to catch it :) I say its all an adventure and missing my second flight back to LA just proves it :) I say to just embrace it and enjoy whatever kinks get thrown into your plans. Life is WAY too short to stress!

Anyway I've received a few emails from my blog friends complaining I haven't posted in over a week and my excuse is... I was in another country with no internet access. :)

I cant wait to show you images from the amazing wedding but for now here is a recap of the trip...

Day 1: LAX to Miami where I met up with wedding photographer extraordinaire Fred Egan. We began our journey with an 8 hour layover before departing to Barbados.
I was sooooo excited to get another stamp in my passport :)


Day 2: Arrive in Barbados... we stayed at the Hilton with the couple and all their guests. Check out the amazing view from my room!
and the hotel pool!

Day 3: Engagement Session with Imo and Nneka. You can see Fred's images here
Here are a few shots I grabbed from the session...


With over 100 guests at this destination wedding, Nneka and Imo held a welcome dinner that we were invited to... here's a quick shot from the evening.

Day 4: Wedding!!! I cant WAIT to edit and show you some images from this rockin' wedding!
Here is a glimpse into the professional equipment used .....lol ;)


Day 5: Day after session... This was sooo much fun to just shoot with a totally relaxed couple, and check out the awesome sunset!
I was also thoroughly entertained by this Bajan who sang me a song !
That night we went to St. Lawrence Gap for a taste of local flavor and hit up Casa Sol for happy hour :)

Oh and we encountered a massive hurricane that swept us off our feet! :)


Day 6: Finally its PLAY day! Today we went on snorkeling trip through the island where we went swimming with Sea Turtles!! Totally amazing.... EXCEPT I got perhaps the worst burn of my life.... I am so crispy :( I was even diligent to reapply sunscreen after every dip in the water!! If you look closely, you can see my raccoon eyes from my biiig sunglasses!!








Barbados was Soooo fun :) Time has no meaning on the island and I must admit it was refreshing. I am so thankful to be in a business I love and have the opportunity to travel and hang out with friends all in the name of "work"! Thanks Fret-E !!! ;)

7 Comments:

Blogger Natalie Joy said...

Aww! I'm jealous of that burn!!!!!
:) Looks like you guys had a blast!!!
Miss you!

5/30/2007 6:41 AM  
Blogger Andrew Barlow said...

That is SOOOOO amazing Shy!!!! I'm glad u got to go and that you had a great time!!!

5/30/2007 12:04 PM  
Blogger Natalie Joy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!
(yes I am going to flood your email boxes and text messages with these messages lol:) :) )
Have an amazing day!!!!!

5/31/2007 10:17 AM  
Blogger Shyla said...

Thanks Nattie!!!!! You are just like me..... The whole "flooding" thing is totally something I would do!!!

Thanks for the Lovin', you make me feel special!!!

xoxo

5/31/2007 10:42 AM  
Blogger Mary Marantz said...

awww...looks like you guys had a fab time!! you poor thing with the sunburn...lots of aloe for you missy!

M:)

5/31/2007 2:43 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

You have too much fun! Can I live your life for a day? Beautiful photos, beautiful you.

6/04/2007 10:50 AM  
Blogger Michael Norwood said...

*in my best napoleon dynamite voice* LUUUCKYYY!

Bummer about the burn though. Oh by the way, Hawaiian Tropic tanning oil doesn't count as sunscreen. ;)

6/06/2007 11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home