Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, May 14, 2007

Melissa & Ryan | engagement

I am amazed how happy I am after shooting. Its like a drug and each opportunity to shoot simply feeds the addiction. I've been in a funky mood lately and I realized how easily I snap out of it when I pick up a camera :) I was literally dancing around during the shoot and I think all these laughing pictures were because I was making such a fool of myself ;)

Today's couple decided to have their session at San Dimas Canyon Park for pure sentimental value. It was the place where Ryan realized he had "more than friends" feelings for Melissa and, that same day, he tried to "show-off" and jump off the swings 'Indiana Jones style' but ended up falling flat on his face that left him with a scar :)
Now, whenever they talk to each other about that park, it is simply described by a point to the nose and a little giggle followed by a "you know" (wink wink).
Im always amazed at the stories I hear about crazy things guys do to impress girls :)


Melissa and Ryan are both musical prodigies... I remember asking Melissa a few years back if she would sing at my wedding because her voice is simply mesmerizing... her response was..."If you'll shoot mine" ;) That was long before she was even dating Ryan! :) Funny how things happen sometime 'eh?

Check out some of the songs Melissa recorded through the Bible College
Thank You
Undone


here's Melissa in the studio. The other girl is Gina ( one of my past brides).... I just LOVE musicians!!! ;)





Here are a few of my favorites from today's shoot











10 Comments:

Blogger Danielle Renee said...

Amazing!!!!!!!! I love the new banner and blog set up here. It was so good to see Melissa and Ryan's faces I miss them!:) Great job capturing their personalities. Linds wanted me to tell you what a great job you did!
I miss you!!

You'll be happy to know I'm packing my bags as I'm typing to you ;)

5/14/2007 9:17 AM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

you're awesome!! :) they're going to be so happy with these pictures!
btw, love the new blog look!!

5/14/2007 9:35 AM  
Blogger Sarah Barlow said...

Seriously gorgeous Shy!!
I hope you are feeling better!
I miss you soooo much already! Love you!

5/14/2007 11:06 AM  
Blogger Shyla said...

Thanks my friends! Your comments make me smile!!!

Danielle... I cant wait to see you... it will do my heart good!

Jazzy... its all because of you! ;)

Thanks Sarah Love! I am feeling much better! I slept 16 hours straight when I got home so no more sickness here :)

5/14/2007 11:13 AM  
Blogger Andrew Barlow said...

Heyy sugar!!! AMAZING pictures!!!! OMG... ur so amazing! :)

5/14/2007 6:59 PM  
Blogger Paige Kearin said...

Cute photos. They look really happy!

5/14/2007 7:23 PM  
Blogger swan said...

The last shot makes me laugh because they're clearly the happiest couple on the planet and then it was like you said, "Now... show me angry, no smiles."

Amazing stuff, lovin' it.

5/14/2007 8:38 PM  
Blogger Mike Larson said...

sweet shots, great to see you yesterday in the coporate office of pictage!

5/16/2007 11:15 AM  
Blogger F.E. Castleberry said...

I'm totally laughing out loud right now after reading the Indiana Jones thing...totally something I would except I would mess it up more :P

5/18/2007 9:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, Shyla khanoom, how are you? you look not very LIFEy in your photo. I wonder if they're going to kick you out of school for such a photo ;-)

Are you still at school? Call me!

ShahShanked

BTW, gr8 photos.

5/19/2007 10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home