Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Friday, March 30, 2007

Vegas IV| coming home

after an amazing week at WPPI, it was finally time to say goodbye. Goodbye to friends old and new, goodbye to all night parties and goodbye to the smell of smoke and the sounds of "chings", "pings", and constant conversations. I will admit it is nice to be sitting in a quiet house as my brain detoxes from the sensory overload that accompanies trips to sin city.
The trip home wasn't smooth sailing however...
check this out.
-10:00pm arrive at airport for 11:52pm flight (I traveled with a few gals who like to be early ;) )
-11:45pm board plane and sit on tar mack for one hour waiting to takeoff
-1:45am arrive in Santa Barbara and are greeted by the wonderful smells of orange blossoms that made you temporarily forget the horrible smells of Vegas.
-2:30am Car wont start... no juice
**uh-oh**
Luckily I have roadside assistance on my phone but alas, my phone was DEAD
So we walk to the parking attendant at the airport and he summons security to come give us a jumphttp://www2.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gif
However, Security busted their jumper cables so they couldn't help us
We called a towing company recommended by the parking attendant only to receive no answer.
Luckily again, Amy has AAA so we called them and they promised to be there by 3:07am.
-3:30am tow truck arrives, jumps my car and we are home safe and sound.

Amy, Janey and I all wore our new KISS sweatshirts and thankfully we did or we would have died of hypothermia... It was SOOOOO cold! ;) ;)

off to sleep now... a Grand total of 4 hours of sleep in the last two nights combined and then staying up till 4:30 this morning makes being awake for 68 out of 72 hours NO FUN!!!!
Goodnight and stay tuned for some pics that documented our delirium tonight. :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Natalie Joy said...

LOL! WOW! haha so cold, yeah right.
:)

3/30/2007 8:25 AM  
Blogger || davidjay || said...

You poor girls! I just woke up and saw all the messages on my phone which was actually right next to me (on silent) so I slept peacefully during your chaos. :) - sorry. :) sleep!

3/30/2007 8:38 AM  
Blogger F.E. Castleberry said...

You should have just stayed an extra day ;)

3/30/2007 9:39 AM  
Blogger Shyla said...

it WAS cold Nattie! we thought we were going to have to huddle together and die a long slow death ;)

DJ- its probablly better we didn't wake you up.... from what I hear, you dont like to be woken up ;)


Fred- no kidding! Although I can finally breathe and my throat is killing me from all that cigarette smoke... Plus, I slept for nearly 7 hours this morning!!! So its probablly better I came home when I did.

3/30/2007 12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home