Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Adventures in Second Shooting...

Here's what a dork I am....
Yesterday I shot another wedding with Jessica Claire and it was so great...TOTALLY the type of wedding I would want because it was a lot of people but still very intimate and it wasn't held at a "wedding Factory" (You, know, those places where EVERYONE and their mom gets married) It was in this elaborate backyard in Rancho Santa Fe in San Diego...sooooo wonderful! Jess has all the pics so you'll have to check out her blog for the pics :)

Anyway, on with my dork-ness... So I didn't get the memo that the wedding was outside & I showed up in the quid-essential black pants, black shirt and black shoes and etc but it was still 97 degrees at 4:30pm when the ceremony started...YUCK! I had sunscreen dripping down my sunglasses during the hour long ceremony, it was nasty! Anyway, little did I know that as I was sweating my shirt was getting more and more stretched out (its a thin cotton fitted one) and the more stretched out it got the more SEE-THROUGH it got!! Completely see through! As in 'look at my bra' see-through I was mortified! Jess said she had a shirt in her car so I ran out and it ended up being a long sleeved see through coverlet with a DEEP scoop neck so it didn't even cover what I needed covered but it helped a little bit...

But wait... that's not all! By the time it was dark and everyone was dancing I had this 'great idea' to run upstairs and shoot a wide-angle night shot from the balcony. I ran up and all the lights were out but I knew my way because the bride got ready up there. So I navigated my way through the dark room quite hastily and attempted to make my way through the open door when WHAM! I smacked my face into the screen knocking it clean off with a loud crash (luckily no-one heard it because the music was so loud) but my nose hurt and my face was black from smashing into the screen! I went and told the owner and she just laughed...the screen pops in and out for easy access so I didn't break it, I just made a fool of myself!


So...Yeah, I am a dork, but I sure do love my job! :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Barlow said...

That's hilarious!! Aww Shlya no worries!! I've done that before!! lol!

7/10/2006 2:43 PM  
Blogger Sarah Barlow said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7/10/2006 2:44 PM  
Blogger Shyla said...

NO!!!

7/10/2006 3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home