Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, July 03, 2006

Excellence...

"We are what we repeatedly do... Excellence then is not an act but a habit." -Aristotle

I read this quote yesterday and I was really struck by the truth of the matter. We as Christians are called to a higher standard that takes a daily conscience effort to strive for. By no means are we perfect or called to be perfect but I do believe we are asked to set ourselves apart, go that extra mile, take that extra step etc... to model lives that are examples (during times of success AND failure)in order to make an impact in our world. This, in turn, takes a daily discipline to create a habit out of excellence. They say it takes 28 consecutive days to form a habit and only 7 days to break it... thus illustrating the daily conscience effort needed to truly live a life of a higher standard in order to effectively make a difference

I saw this idea as an important foundation in life as well as business...
I have had the privilege of working with Master Colon and watching how he runs his business as well as how he lives his life. He is one of the most integrous men I have ever met who models this adage very well. He doesn't cut corners but rather upholds a habit of excellence that he executes on a daily basis and God obviously blesses him for it! I am thankful for his example and I pray that I never lose sight of that when in a lazy moment it would be easier to do a few acts versus nurturing a habit. Thanks, Mike,for showing me what true success is...

So lets all strive for excellence in all we do, I am confident that if we make it a habit in life and in business, success will follow :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Barlow said...

So true Shyla!!! Awesome post!
Always a great reminder! :)

7/06/2006 7:29 AM  
Blogger Andrew Barlow said...

Thats good stuff Shy!!!! Very profound!

7/07/2006 12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home