Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Wine Tasting

Yesterday I spent the day with friends up in the beautiful Santa Ynez Valley going wine tasting for the first time. Tim & Cheryl, Amy, Summer, D and I visited four different vineyards and each one got sillier and sillier... haha.. I wonder why? ;)
I am not HUGE into wine and I was hoping that this trip would make me "fall in love" with it but alas, I just realized that my tatsebuds are simply rebellious and do not wish to conform to the ways of the sophisticated. My hopes of ever becoming a famed wine connoisseur were dashed yesterday.
Luckily Cheryl and I shared tastings which was great because most of the time we poured our samples out anyway. I did decide that I could be a DESSERT wine fiend! HOLY COW...those were soooo yummy! My favorite was the dessert wine at the Firestone vineyard. Described to us like apricots dipped in honey, I was in heaven!

Here are some pictures courtesy of Aims...
Winery #1: Foxen (too bad we dont ave any pictures of our faces after tasting the wines that tasted like you just face planted in the dirt ;)


Amy, Summer, me, & Cheryl


Winery #2: The one where we talked about Albums the whole time so I forgot the name! Alas, you can tell we got a little sillier! The girls and I are actually riding the horse chess pieces ( in case you were wondering)


Vineyard #3: Firestone.... My FAVORITE!
I must admit I was slighty dissapointed we didnt run into The Bachelor's (season 2) Andrew Firestone... he's kinda cute!
But, I bought all these yummy sauces and dips including a chocolate merlot dipping sauce...anyone want to come over for dessert??





Vineyard #4: Curtis
We started to get alittle whoozy/delirious by this time... we only tasted the dessert wine and then left to get food!



Finally we arrived back in Santa Barbara and decided to walk down State Street. Amy was soooo cold, I think she thought she was going to become cryogenically frozen! Im from the Northwest so I was rather comfortable but here's proof of our excursion with my two little eskimos, you'd think we were in the North Pole! :) We went to Borders and bought books! I have spent over $100 on books in the last three days Between two trips to Barnes and Noble and one order from Amazon... I think I am addicted! I even bought a book on tape since I am in the car so much. I popped it in on the drive home and once I got home I wanted to stay in my car and listen because I was so enthralled.


Anyway, yesterday was truly wonderful. We laughed at eachother the whole time and even though I didnt fall in love with wine, I did fall more in love with life. Its days like these that make you so happy to not only be alive but to be thankful for friends to share and experince life with.

I can't wait to do it again!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Barlow said...

Oh!!!! It looks like you all had an amazing time! I love those type of days where you can not stop laughing just because you are have such a great time! :)
Wish I could be there...even though I wouldn't be able to drink anything except water...;) hehe!

1/14/2007 12:24 PM  
Blogger Natalie Joy said...

AWW!!!! looks like you had a blast!!!!
love your guys' outfits!!!!:) I didnt know it was THAT cold out there!!!:)
love you!

1/14/2007 12:24 PM  
Blogger Sarah Barlow said...

WHOA!!! How did that happen??? We posted at the same time!! craziness!!

1/14/2007 12:25 PM  
Blogger Brett Austin said...

Glad to hear you guys had a great time! And thanks for the invite! Sorry I couldn't make it... looks like I missed out!

1/14/2007 4:04 PM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

So fun! Looks like you had a blast!
Shy, are you going to WPPI this year? I'm not sure if I'm going quite yet...

xoxo...

1/14/2007 4:14 PM  
Blogger amynave said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1/14/2007 7:30 PM  
Blogger amynave said...

OK, IT'S FREAZING IN SB...... I'M SOOOO SERIOUS:)

ANYWAYS:) Yesterday was such a blast:) Thanks for the invite and for drivng all the way up.

Love ya girl:)

1/14/2007 7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can't believe the day you were here in my neck of the woods I was outta town.. shuck!! let me know when you are up again.. would love to hang!

2/01/2007 3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home