Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Many years ago I nannied for a family with 5 kids... This family was amazing and they treated me so well! One year, they took me on vacation with them to Disneyworld in Orlando Florida. The dad, Jim McCartney, is a regional sales manager for WACOM so the trip doubled as a design/photo tradeshow also. Since I have always been into art and such, Jim, asked me to come along to the show and be the demonstration artist for the Wacom Tablet. It was so amazing because I just sat there and drew while people stood around and watched. I even was offered a job from one of the managers at COREL!...it was an all around crazy experience! Anyway, the whole point is that who knew that one little show would spark a fire that would eventually lead to becoming involved in the same industry 8 years later?!.. funny how God works sometimes, huh?
Anyway, three of the five McCartney children are in competitive gymnastics so since the team came down from washington to compete in the San Diego Classic Invitational, I was invited down to shoot. I have always LOVED gymnastics...even as their nanny , I would love to sit and watch them practice at the gym. These girls are so dediacted... They each spend 5 hours per day/5 days a week practicing. Out of 10 possible levels in gymnastics the two girls are in level 6 and level 10. Both were amazing but watching the level 10's meet was absolutley mesmerizing!!

Here are a few of yesterday's images...

This first one is my favorite from the day...








McElle was still in diapers when I started babysitting her ( now she's 10!)


This is Kalliah... the eldest. Check out those leg muscles!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home