Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, February 05, 2007

Two Crosses and a Devil


I had the wonderful pleasure of shooting Jenny and Dave's Wedding this past Saturday in La Jolla. It was the perfect day for a white wedding ;)
I was reffered by the awesome Jeff Youngren who totally stepped in an helped me out while being the best man at the same time..... he definately rocked!!
Thanks Jeff, I had a BLAST...seriously!!

Ok so now onto the story.... I had my first 'church lady' experience and it resulted in getting my name put on a list that banned me from shooting there ever again! LOL!!
You see, APPARENTLY there is this little rule that the photographer must be seated two rows behind the last seated guest and cant move....at all!!
What?! Thats ridiculous!!!
Anyway, the bride gave me permission to do whatever I needed to do to get the shots and I think, personally, that she is who I am there to please. The church lady never actually TOLD me the rules so she really didnt have any foundation for her reaction but I simply avoided her the whole ceremony and did my own thing. It resulted in getting chewed out afterwards and being banned from shooting there again but at least we got great shots!! hee hee. She has affectionaltely earned the nick name "devil" for her horrible treatment of the bride and bridal party. She pissed off so many people that I think everyone wanted to chew her out by the end of the day. She even went as far as telling the bride and groom that they couldn't have communion during the ceremony right before it started...after they already obtained permissions from the church officiant! They had to sneak off last minute an have communion in a side room before the ceremony.
The lady even went off on some on some of the bridesmaid....EEEK...it was an adventure!!!
So yeah... she was the wedding nazi that kinda put a damper on the day... REgardless though, Jenny and Dave were soooooo happy to ber getting married and they truly enjoyed themselves despite the opposition.

I couldnt have asked for a happier chill couple to spend the day with! Despite the fact we only met on Saturday, i feel like I have made brand new friends :)

Here are a few more from the day...
I will post a slideshow soon!!

Without further adieu......Jenny and Dave Cross...


Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger amynave said...

That a girl:) Way to get the shots and please the bride:)


I love them all:)
Oh ya, MISS YOU!!!!

2/06/2007 12:52 AM  
Blogger Sarah Barlow said...

YAY!! A new post!! :)
That is seriously craziness!!! I was talking to Jessica Claire about that once and she said to never look those people in the eye so that they can't get your attention and just walk away! It worked!! LOL! Stunning pictures girl! I love you!

2/06/2007 8:18 AM  
Blogger Rusty said...

That church lady sounds ludicrous. Doesn't she understand that people pay to use churches and that, as long as they aren't doing anything destructive or disrespectful, they should get to use the building as they need to for their event? I think the Crosses should fire off a letter to the church's pastor and/or council. I mean, seriously, the church's wedding coordinator is there to be a help, not a hinderance. She needs to be called on her ridiculous behavior. It's the bridal party's special day, and her role is to accentuate, not inhibit, that time.

2/06/2007 10:56 AM  
Blogger Rusty said...

By the way, nice pics...

2/06/2007 10:57 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Shyla- that was AWESOME! I remembered the church lady saying that about you not being able to move, and you can imagine my surprise as I'm standing up on the stage and I look down to see good ol' Shyla rolling around on the floor!

I talked to Jenny today, and she said "Shyla was one of the top 3 best parts of my wedding!" Dave and her seriously loved you- you did an amazing job.

2/06/2007 8:38 PM  
Blogger Shyla said...

Miss you too AIms!

Sarah love- I know Ive been a blogging slacker!! Its funny though because I avoided eye contact the whole time and just stayed at the front of the church :)...hee hee. I actually saw her trying to get my attention a few times out of the corner of my eye...haha... I am a rebel!

Piekarski- Helllllllo my friend!!!


Jeff- Haha... thats me, rollin around on the floor!
Jenny and Dave were soooo awesome! I seriously had a BLAST!

2/06/2007 9:26 PM  
Blogger Paige Kearin said...

Awesome shots! When are you coming to SB? That was so fun when we went to the Clippers game. Hope to see you soon.

2/07/2007 1:06 PM  
Blogger sandie jo salisbury said...

These are GREAT! I'm so proud of you and your bravery in dealing with all the psycho rules! Awesome job !

2/07/2007 10:51 PM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

just catching up on my blog regulars...OMG!! what a great story and lovely pictures! :)

2/10/2007 9:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

These pictures are amazing! You were so in the top three favorite things of my wedding!!! It was the funnest thing spending time with you and Jeff before the ceremony... Dave and I totally felt like we made a friend too. If you ever want dinner in San Clemente the door's always open... especially for someone who handled 'that woman' with such aplomb! I'm still waiting to hear all the back stories from my bridesmaids. Everyone definately had a story... one person blazing a trail that big still blows my mind. Thanks for everything! Here's to honeymoons and kick ass photographers!

Jenny Cross

2/10/2007 5:21 PM  
Blogger Joshua Smith-Cinematographer said...

Those look great!

2/10/2007 9:12 PM  
Blogger Danielle Renee said...

These shots are great Shy. I can just imagine you and the crazy lady. If I was there I would have yelled at her for you :)

2/12/2007 11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home